Our Actuarial Programs
Actuaries have the opportunity to make their mark — and make a difference — at Nassau Re. We value their unique abilities as important strategic assets. Our actuaries enjoy the benefits of a people-friendly company that helps its employees build successful careers and lead fulfilling lives.
We offer jobs to actuaries primarily through two tracks. First, we run an Actuarial Internship Program each summer for 10 weeks. Interns work closely with our actuarial community and senior leaders on real-life projects that mirror their studies. Actuarial interns participate in a number of activities designed to prepare them for future success. This includes an open forum with our CEO on topics such as industry trends, career tracks and the actuarial profession at large. We also organize a number of informal social gatherings with fellow interns, actuarial students and senior leaders. We consider top-performing interns for full-time positions in our Actuarial Student Development program upon graduation.
We also offer an Actuarial Student Development Program for college graduates. At Nassau Re, actuarial students have the opportunity to do meaningful work, contribute to the success of the company and interact closely with colleagues and senior management. We will design a personalized work rotation for each student. Rotations typically last 12 to 24 months long and provide exposure to life and annuity product development, financial reporting, modeling, hedging and risk management, and others. In addition to the technical training they receive, actuarial students can develop their leadership potential through various corporate programs and receive strong one-on-one mentoring.
- Work on real-life projects
- Participate in open forum with CEO
- Join forums with Nassau Re actuaries
- Learn key leadership skills
- Enjoy informal social gatherings with colleagues
- Complete a community service project
- Earn the chance to return for a full-time position
- Rotate position on 12-24 month cycle
- Gain exposure to product development, modeling, hedging and risk management
- Receive strong one-on-one mentoring
- Develop leadership skills
- Receive support to obtain Fellowship in the Society of Actuaries
- Earn pay increases and bonuses for passing exams on first attempts